Anxiety is something many people deal with on a daily basis and is a truly crippling condition that can effect every aspect of a persons life. I have personally suffered from anxiety since a very young age. It can make you feel completely isolated and alone, it can stop you leaving the house, impact your relationships with family and friends and fear everything around you. Over the years I have tried everything possible to ease my anxiety, here are the best tips and tricks I have found for coping with anxiety.
- Practice yoga – this is my absolute favourite item on the list, yoga completely relaxes your body and mind.
- Laugh, even if you want to cry, laugh it out I promise you will feel better.
- Learn what your triggers are, this could be a place, a situation or even a person. Learn what your triggers are and see if there are ways you can overcome or avoid them.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), there are a number of different ways to carry out CBT, but the over all aim is to reprogram they way you think about and respond to your anxiety.
- Write down your thoughts, it will help de-clutter your brain.
- Talk to someone, whether it’s a friend, family member or professional just telling someone what you’re thinking and feeling will make you feel 100x better.
- It’s okay to cry – if things are getting too much cry it out!
- Practice mindfulness. When your thoughts start to run wild try practicing mindfulness it will help bring you back to the present.
- Try breathing techniques, something you can do any where at any time. There are tons of breathing techniques you can try to find the best one to suit you.
- Treat yourself – if you’re having a bad day indulge in something you really enjoy.
- Muscle relaxation, one body part at a time tense your muscles then relax, this relieves a lot of tension.
- Take a break, don’t beat yourself up for not managing to overcome your anxiety today, sit back, relax and try again tomorrow.
I hope that this post has helped you, anxiety can be a scary and lonely place but you aren’t alone! If you are struggling talk to someone whether it be a friend family member or professional. If you have any tips for coping with anxiety please leave them in the comments section below!