If like me you just don’t seem to tan at all in the natural sunlight, fake tan is your best friend! But fake tanning also comes with it’s difficulties, trying to get the perfect shade, have a smooth, natural look and avoid streaks. Here are 10 tips to help you get the perfect self tan.
- Exfoliate thoroughly, removing dead skin give a smooth surface to apply tan prevent streaks and patches.
- Do not use moisturiser or deodorant the day you tan, this can cause discolouration.
- Before tanning take a cold shower to close your pores and prevent them from getting blocked.
- Use aloe Vera on your hands, elbows, knees and feet – these are places that often change colour.
- Make sure you use a mitt, you don’t want tanned nails or palms.
- Bend your fingers into a claw to get an even tan on your knuckles.
- Attach a tanning mitt to a back brush for easy reach.
- Apply the tanner to the centre of the mitt and fold the mitt in half for even application.
- Start slowly, if your tan isn’t dark enough you can apply another layer rather than struggling to remove tan if you have over applied.
- Exfoliate your palms after tanning to remove excess tan.
I hope this post was helpful! If you have any self tanning tips tell me in the comments section below!